Acacia honey is undoubtedly the best known and loved among Italian honeys. It is especially appreciated for its light, almost transparent color, for its sweet and sugared flavor and for the fact that it remains naturally liquid forever.
Harvest period: April-May
Harvest area: Tuscany
Color: From transparent to straw yellow
Bouquet: Floral, fresh fruit and sugared almonds
Flavor: Very sweet, sugared
Our acacia honey is produced in the Tuscan hills. The plant grows luxuriantly and in the month of May it is covered with fragrant white flowers from which a precious nectar flows that the bees collect with great greed and transform into excellent honey.
Due to its characteristics, acacia honey can have various uses both as table honey, as an excellent sweetener, for the preparation of desserts and in combination with different types of cheeses (especially fresh goat and cow's milk ricotta, mascarpone and blue cheeses ) or with yogurt.
Therapeutic properties and benefits of acacia honey:
- It is a natural product that does not need any preservatives
- It has a high sweetening and energetic power
- It is immediately assimilable because it consists of simple sugars such as glucose and fructose, in different percentages, according to the flowers from which it comes
- It is easy to digest and also provides proteins, vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids
Each type of honey is indicated for some specific treatments. For example, eucalyptus honey for coughs, chestnut honey for blood circulation, and so on ...
To characterize the acacia honey in addition to its success for the characteristic of not crystallizing and for the sweetness that conquers everyone, even those who are not very greedy, are two very important properties that should be emphasized once more:
- We all know that people with diabetes cannot get sugars. Acacia honey is the only type of honey also suitable for light diabetics, because in percentage of the composition it is the one that contains the most fructose, which can be assimilated by the body without having to resort to insulin.
- It is the only type of honey that pediatricians also recommend for infants under 12 months of age, as a sweetener for cow's milk.
Acacia honey is the sweetener par excellence. It can be used with cheeses such as fresh goat ricotta, cow's milk ricotta, mascarpone and blue cheeses.
Also excellent with yogurt. Due to its extreme digestibility it is the most suitable honey for children.
1 kg pack.